Data privacy is highly significant for MARINA and we want to be open and transparent with our processing of your personal data.
We therefore have a policy setting out how your personal data will be processed and protected. It’s important, so please read it and make sure you control your privacy.
Before you start, we would like to explain our privacy principles:
- We take your privacy seriously.
- We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data.
- We comply with data privacy laws when using your personal data.
- We only use your personal data in the way we explain to you in this document.
- We will not collect your personal data, if it is not necessary.
- We will stop collecting your personal data where they are no longer necessary for the purposes they were collected for.
- We will explain your rights to control your personal data.
1. Who is the controller of your personal data?
2. Who is the Data Protection Officer?
3. What type of personal data does MARINA collect?
4. For what purpose does MARINA process your personal data?
5. Does MARINA share your personal data?
6. Does MARINA send marketing messages to you?
7. Your information and countries outside Europe
8. How long does MARINA process your personal data?
9. What are your rights?
10. What about cookies and similar tracking technologies?
12. How to contact us?
13. Reporting A Security Vulnerability
- Who is the controller of your personal data?
The data controller for the processing of the data is EMİRE TEKSTİL MAĞAZACILIK İTHALAT VE İHRACAT TİCARET LİMİTED ŞİRKETİ (“MARINA”), with Corporate Tax ID number . The contact details of MARINA are as follows:
- Postal address: Anadolu Mahallesi Yoncalı Havuz Cad. Günpa İş Merkezi No:2 Yıldırım/BURSA (TURKIYE)
- Telephone: (+9) 0224 222 91 11
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Who is the Data Protection Officer?
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure that we continuously process your personal data in an open, accurate and legal manner. You can contact our Data Protection Officer via the following contact details:
- What type of personal data does MARINA collect?
We use your personal data in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information. The tables below set this out in detail, showing which type of personal data we collect and the purpose of collecting them.
|Category of Personal Data||Examples of the Personal Data|
|Credentials & Contact Information||Such as your name, date of birth, national ID number, nationality, email address, postal address, telephone number and any other personal data|
|Order Information||Such as purchase, delivery and payment details, name and address of the recipient- if different from the customers|
|Payment / Card Information||Such as name of the card holder, card type, card number, expiry date and cvv code, invoice information, bank account number, etc.|
|Preference Information||Such as customer’s marketing preferences, account settings including any default preferences, any preferences indicated; such as country, language and currency, the type of products that the customer interested in or the areas of our website that the customer visits|
|Purchase History and Saved Items||Such as the products bought by the customer and/or stored in the customer’s basket for another time|
|Contact History||Such as the conversation made between Marina and the customer via phone, social media and instant chat whether related with an order or not|
|Device Information||Such as the IP address, internet provider, operating system and browser used, type of device; such as laptop or smart phone, device cookie settings and other device details, the geographic region which customer’s device reports to us|
|Legal Transactions and Compliance Information||Such as criminal records|
You don’t have to give us any of this personal data but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and app, and developing new products and services. We also share this information with third parties.
- For what purpose does MARINA process your personal data?
MARINA processes your personal data for the following purposes and based on the following legal basis:
|The Purpose of Processing your Personal Data||Legal Basis for the Processing|
|To meet requests or applications that you make through the Corporate Contacts and Customer Contacts channels||Performance of a contract and our legitimate interest in keeping our customers/prospects updated about our services and products|
|To analysis of usability and quality to improve our services||Performance of a contract and our legitimate interest in keeping our customers/prospects updated about our services and products|
|To process your purchases and to provide you with the services and information offered through the website and which you request||Performance of a contract|
|To verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make||Performance of a contract|
|To improve and customize our website, products, services and business in general, such as by tracking your product preferences, shopping history and interactions through the website||Our legitimate interest to improve our products and services|
|To identify visitors of the website||Our legitimate interest to get to know our customers better and improve our services accordingly|
|To carry out data analytics and market research ||Your prior explicit consent and our legitimate interest in keeping our customers/prospects updated about our services and products|
|To carry out data enrichment, such as by analyzing your product preferences, shopping history and interactions with the Website together with data collected from third parties, such as data that you agree to share with us on social networks (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and/or that we may collect from publicly accessible databases||Your prior explicit consent and our legitimate interest in keeping our customers/prospects updated about our services and products|
|To resolve your queries or complaints||Your prior explicit consent|
- Does MARINA share your personal data?
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Business partners and shareholders of MARINA, as sometimes different bits of our group are responsible for different activities
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business
- Legally competent public institutions and organizations, credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us)
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
- Does MARINA send marketing messages to you?
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, SMS, to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products. If you would like to stop receiving marketing messages from us you can do following;
- Go through your account
- Unmark your previously selected preference
- Click “Update” button.
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Please note that, as MARINA comprises a complex web of many inter-connecting services, it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
- Your information and countries outside Europe
We have a fulfilment centre in the Turkey, which we may use for processing orders from customers in the EU. The Turkey is not a country in respect of which there is a European Commission decision of adequacy, and we protect your privacy and your rights through the use of the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses. More information about these is available here:
- How long does MARINA process your personal data?
We’ll only hold on to your information for as long as you are a customer. If you no longer wish to be a customer, you can also contact our Customer Experience team and request to delete all the information we have on you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
- What are your rights?
You have the following rights, which may be exercised via sending and e-mail to the e-mail addres firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Right of access: You have the right to access to and obtain information regarding your personal data MARINA may hold, and how MARINA use your personal data; to request a copy of any of your personal data from MARINA hold about you. You may see most of your personal data yourself online.
- Right of rectification: You have the right to complete your Personal Data whenever they are incomplete and to request MARINA to rectify your personal data which whenever they are inaccurate. You may also prefer to correct or complete your Personal data directly by modifying your profile via website/app of MARINA. Please note that, you will be liable for any loss or damage caused to MARINA or to the person responsible for the MARINA by reporting erroneous, inaccurate or incomplete information in the registration forms.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to request the deletion or destruction of your personal data where your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes they were collected for.
- Right to restriction: You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data for so long as we are considering any request you have made to us to correct or complete your personal data, or you have objected to processing justified on legitimate interests. If you use your right to restriction, we will only process it with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to data portability: You have right to receive the personal data you will provide to us in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable, and also to transmit them to another controller whenever the processing is based on consent or on a contract and is carried out by automated means.
- Right to withdrawal of consent: Where applicable, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. For instance, if you wish to opt-out of receiving electronic marketing communications, you may change your settings in your account on the Website, use the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided in our emails or text the STOP number in our SMS, or you may contact us directly via e-mail written above.
- Right to object: You may object to the processing of your personal data based on the public or legitimate interest pursued by MARINA, including profiling. In this case, MARINA will stop to process your personal data, except for compelling legal grounds or the exercise or defense of possible legal claims.
- Automated individual decisions: You have the right not to be the object of a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, while produces a legal effect on you or significantly affects you in a similar manner. However, it will not be possible to exercise said right in cases where the decision is necessary for the formalization or execution of a contract between you and MARINA; it is authorized by the law applicable to MARINA provided it establishes the appropriate measures to safeguard its rights, freedoms and legitimate interests; or where it is based on your explicit consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes applicable law.
- What about cookies and similar tracking technologies?
We constantly work to improve our offerings in order for you to get an even smoother user experience. This includes both changes in existing services and new services over time. Thus, we may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the MARINA website or other MARINA services, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use MARINA.
- How to contact us?
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better).
- Would like us to stop using your personal data,
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Experience team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have, thought telephone and or email determined above.
- Reporting A Security Vulnerability
We’re all about taking risks when it comes to our designs, just not our security. If you’ve noticed something’s up with our tech, let us know. Drop an email to email@example.com with your contact details, including your company name and details of the vulnerability and what we need to do to reproduce or validate it.